If you plunge into our history, we will see thatin Russia the concept of pregnancy and bath was always nearby and complemented each other. It was in the baths gave birth to the majority of peasant women, and many noble women also preferred to give birth in a bath. Our ancestors knowingly believed that this room is ideal for delivery, there was everything necessary, the appropriate temperature, cleanliness and good energy.
Modern science still does not havean unambiguous answer to the question whether pregnancy and a bath are compatible. Still some 50 years ago, doctors categorically forbade visiting the bath during pregnancy. But time does not stand still and the attitude to the bath varies. Now many specialists claim that pregnancy and bath are quite compatible concepts and even recommend her visit to pregnant women.
What is the use of a bath?
Bath has always beneficially worked on the body,since it cleanses of slags and activates metabolic processes. Visiting the bath allows you to increase the elasticity of blood vessels and improve blood flow. Bath at pregnancy allows you to conduct a good prevention of the appearance of stretch marks during pregnancy. But to achieve a noticeable effect, a bath should be visited regularly, then the skin becomes elastic.
Based on the foregoing, we can conclude thatvisiting a bath not only produces a healing effect on the body but also on consciousness, therefore such concepts as "pregnancy and bath" should not frighten women expecting a baby. But it should be noted that all the same in the first stages of pregnancy is to limit the visit to the bath, especially it is necessary to protect very high temperatures.
Bath and pregnancy - the advantages of such a tandem in the following:
- Such procedures improve blood circulationrespectively, and uteroplacental blood flow. In this case, the rate of aging of the placenta decreases, the oxygen supply to the fetus improves, and thus the risk of delay in development becomes much less;
- there is an increase in the elasticity of the bloodvessels, which positively influences the presence of such an unpleasant companion pregnancy as varicose veins. Regular bath visits reduce the risk of blood clots;
- as during the stay in the bath, a lot of slag is drained through the skin, so the load on the kidneys of the pregnant woman that work in the enhanced mode is significantly reduced;
- these procedures are also effective for the prevention of edema and gestosis during pregnancy. There is an increase in the tone of the whole organism and the excess fluid is removed from it.
Thus, we see that the regular andA thoughtful visit to the baths prepares the body well for the upcoming birth. In such women, they occur much easier and faster. Since with regular visits to the sauna, the muscle tension is relieved, the elasticity of the ligaments is increased, the pain threshold in women is increased and there is no need to use analgesics and antispasmodics during childbirth.
Before visiting the bath you should always consult a doctor, and, of course, listen to your feelings. But all the same it is necessary to adhere to certain rules:
- always consult a doctor who will determine the presence or absence of contraindications to visit the bath;
- for pregnant women, the temperature in the therma should not be above 75-80 degrees;
- you can stay in the sauna for 5-10 minutes only on the lower shelf;
- Do not allow a sharp change in body temperature and before going to the shower, you need to cool down a bit;
- it is not recommended to visit the bath in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- must have a headdress;
- it is necessary to observe hygiene: to put on rubber slippers, to spread on a shelf a towel or a rug.
It is forbidden to visit the sauna if the pregnant woman has a threat of miscarriage, hypertension or toxicosis.