No matter how advancedmodern cars, nevertheless they, like any other technology, periodically have some problems. And, of course, the most unpleasant are the faults of the elements that make up the engine system. The ability to independently and promptly identify a particular problem in your car helps in the future to avoid serious and expensive repairs. For example, you noticed that the hydraulic hammers are knocking. But the reasons that led to this, there are many. The main thing is to define them correctly.
Possible causes of knocking in the hydraulic compensators
As already mentioned, factors thatthis problem arises, can be completely different, but all of them are conditionally divided into two groups. The first includes faults that have occurred in the mechanical or hydraulic part of the expansion joints. The second is a malfunction in the engine systems that are responsible for supplying oil to them. Each of these two groups, in turn, consists of several possible failures, because of which the hydraulic compensators knock.
Factors of the first group
• The surfaces of the plunger pair are mechanically worked.
• The oil supply valve is stuck or broken.
• There were obvious defects on the elements of the hydraulic compensator itself.
• Dirt on the surfaces of the compensator.
• Air purification of the HA system.
Factors of the second group
• Air entering the oil, causing a decrease in its compressibility. This can happen for a variety of reasons, for example, because the liquid itself is too high or too low.
• The oil filter does not function. This can happen due to its contamination.
• Clogging of oil channels ensuring oil supply to the system of hydraulic compensators.
• Use of substandard or inappropriateoil. The specific type of substance is intended for use in certain climatic conditions. If "incorrect" oil is poured into the system, external factors can affect its viscosity, and because of its inadequate performance, the engine will overheat and this will adversely affect its mechanical characteristics.
Methods for identifying and resolving problems
So, because of one or moreFor the above reasons, the GK system may fail. However, it should be noted that most often hydraulic latches do not knock all at once, but only one of them. The easiest way to detect a problematic element is through acoustic diagnostics. For this, the functioning of the GC mechanism is checked. It must be taken into account that it is quite difficult to determine the reason why the hydraulic compensators are knocking, so it's best to turn to the plant. Specialists disassemble the parts, carefully wash them and then check the ability of each of them to keep the effort. At the same time, there is a mandatory replacement of consumables (filters, gaskets) and oils. If a faulty GC is found, it is replaced with a new one. But it may also happen that even after all these actions, the hydraulic compensators knock, as before, and therefore, alas, one should prepare for a long and expensive repair of the engine.