We used to think that the miracle is invisible, and to see it is a rarity. This is really so, if we do not notice beautiful creatures created by nature or man around us.
In the center of the capital is locatedThe High-Petrovsky Monastery is an ancient and very beautiful landmark. In the annals of 1317 there are first references to the monastery. The best monument to Peter I, than the High-Petrovsky Monastery, Moscow does not know.
Specialists recognize the most likely version, according to which the monastery was founded by St Peter in 1315-1316. Its original name sounded like Peter and Paul.
Within the walls of the monastery, Metropolitan Peter decided to move to Moscow. The Assumption Monastery, founded according to his advice, became a place for the burial of a clergyman.
The center of Russia began to rise in the state and church concept after the approval of the Metropolitan Department in Moscow.
By this assumption, the High-Petrovsky Monastery was founded in the 14th century by St. Peter, Metropolitan of Kiev.
There is a version that the foundation of the monastery occurredafter the canonization of the king. In the time of Sergius of Radonezh, the monastery appeared as the first man's hostel in Moscow. According to legend, this period is associated with the heroic deeds of Dmitry Donskoy.
According to the notes of that time, the Russian churchdefines the representatives of the embassy to the Patriarch of Constantinople, with the aim of placing the confessor of Dmitry Donskoy Mitya in the metropolitans. Passions and confusion occurred on a ship following the Black Sea. The appointed candidate died on board the ship. The diploma directed to the patriarch did not contain the signature and seal of the prince. For the right to be inscribed, the real struggle began. Archimandrite John of the Peter Monastery was one of the contenders for the title of the head of the Russian Church, but he did not find support among his colleagues.
According to experts, the monastery was based ona deserted, uninhabited place. Until 1517 the monastery was small in area and had no defensive significance. The first mention of the battle from this place is dated 1611 year. For the bombardment of the Kremlin, breaking through into the city, Lyapunov Prokopy over Neglinnoy set up an artillery battery.
Place of burial of noble representativesNaryshkin is the same High-Petrovsky monastery. Moscow keeps information about the active construction of the monastery in the late 17th century, during the times of Naryshkin and Peter I.
Among the builders of the High-Petrovsky Monastery andadmirers - princes Vasily III, John Kalita, Dimitry Donskoi, Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich Romanov, Metropolitan of Moscow. The divine services were conducted by the hierarchs Tikhon, Patriarch of Moscow, Mitrophan of Voronezh.
And nowadays a whole block on Petrovka is occupied by a monastery. Few people know about its existence. High buildings on narrow streets contribute to good camouflage.
The building of the Naryshkin Chambers opens on Petrovka with a solid wall. Passing and moving on cars people can not guess about the presence of monastery buildings.
Destination of the longest building in Moscow XVIIat. gives the gate church-bell tower of the Protection of the Blessed Virgin. This small part of the magnificent magnificence of the monastery can be seen from anywhere in the Caretny series and Petrovka. One of the streets of Moscow got its name due to the famous monastery.
Under the Intercession Church are the Holy Gates. Those wishing to get into the monastery monastery can pass from Petrovka through the indicated front door.
The first impression is comparable to magic. Everything starts from the picture seen from the threshold. If you look at the monastery from the inside, you can not believe that behind it there is a noisy central street. The territory of the shrine is absolutely different life. The historical ensemble is beautifully preserved, and much larger than the city side.
Perhaps its role in the existence of the structureplayed the blessing of Cyril Naryshkin, who was the grandfather of Peter. It was he who gave the Petrovsky monastery a neighbor's estate when he found out about the joyful news - the birth of a grandson.
Almost all the buildings of the monastery are associated with eventsin the life of the Naryshkins. Young Peter personally signed decrees for the construction of the monastery - his first project. Here Natalia Kirillovna Naryshkina laid the foundation for the famous Naryshkin baroque. Mother Peter was brought up in the "Western" spirit, which will later affect the history of the country's architecture.
In front of the entrance to the High-Petrovsky Monastery is the Cathedral of the Bogolyubsky Icon of the Mother of God.
The building was the family burial vault of the Naryshkinsuntil 1774. For two decades, representatives of the Naryshkin family lived here: Ivan, Afanasy, Kirill Poluektovich (grandfather of Peter the Great), Anna's grandmother Anna Leontievna, Lev Kirillovich (Peter's uncle).
Bogolyubskaya church over the graves of the dead is dedicated toicon of Our Lady of Bogolyubsky. For a long time the temple remained a family burial vault. The miraculous Bogolyubsky icon of the Mother of God was presented by Naryshkin together with the list in 1684, when the pilgrimage to Bogolyubovo. According to one of the legends, the young Peter came here on a steep staircase as a private chapel.
Knowing about the wonders of this icon and for the sake of its victimsrelatives, the young king adopted a decree on the construction of a stone church over the graves of lost relatives. Construction was conducted under the leadership of Natalia Kirillovna and the young Peter I.
At the current columnist of history, these white stone tombstones with coats of arms and skulls make a horrible impression.
Unexpected structure in the very center of the monasteryThe buildings are the Cathedral of Peter the Metropolitan. Unlike other churches, a small, modest in architectural design, the cathedral is the oldest church building in Moscow.
It had little impact on the layers of the 18th century. Excellent preservation has pleased historians on the eve of the Olympics of the 80s.
The cathedral of Peter the Metropolitan acquires a clear baroque style under Peter I. During the restoration in the 20th century it was unexpected to see the original view of the church.
A small but unique building in architecture - the church of the Tolga Icon of the Mother of God - is located between the Brotherly Corps and the Holy Gates, which is to the right of the entrance.
St. Sergius Church - a new architecturalstructure. August 1689 is famous for the confrontation between Peter and Sophia. This is the period when Peter Alekseevich found his salvation in the Trinity-Sergius Monastery from his cruel and determined sister Sophia Alekseyevna. This year's events include the dedication of the Tolga Icon. The church is built at the expense of NA Naryshkina, who is a relative of Peter the Great along the line of the mother.
Further on the monastery - the temple of St. SergiusRadonezhsky, built at the direction of Peter I. His story confirms the events of 1689 - the salvation of Peter from his sister and the archers in the walls of the monastery of Sergius of Radonezh.
Currently, the center of life in the monasteryis this temple. Its appearance is in excellent condition after restoration. However, church servants and parishioners recall that the chapels of Alexis of Moscow and M. Voronezh were lost from the common building. These structural elements were destroyed during the Soviet era.
The Naryshkin's Chambers and the Church of St. Sergius are connected by a gallery. On the "southern" courtyard you can get to, passing under the gallery.
Именно в этом храме находятся важные святыни monastery - the relics of St. Peter, Metropolitan of Kiev, Moscow and All Russia miracle worker. Also in the temple - part of the holy relics of the apostles Peter and Paul, Seraphim and other saints.
The temple of the apostles Peter and Paul is considered among the parishioners "unlucky" structure. For almost a century he stood closed. By and large, these are the consequences of the destruction from the invasion of the army of Napoleon.
Later the church was re-consecrated in the name of other saints, then it was again closed during the times of the Soviet power. A beautiful church still stands closed in our time.
The last temple of the High-Petrovsky Monasteryis the church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, built in 1905. It was designed as a chapel in the southern passage near the main monastery gate. Only in 2001 it was decided to consecrate the former chapel as a temple of the same name.
The Soviet period (from the 1950's.) was noted for the High-Petrovsky Monastery as a time of good restoration. Ten-year operation affected the stucco and paint - the finish flew around and cracked, giving the appearance of a print of noble antiquity. The interior decoration also reflects the spirit of the past. The project of the last years of the Moscow landscape resembles a slope that has been preserved towards the already defunct Neglinka River.
Status of the Patriarchal Compound of High-Petrovskystauropegial monastery was in 1990. From that moment the restoration began again. All construction work is calm, nothing breaks the usual monastic quiet life.
In the Naryshkin Chambers and in our time there are exhibition halls of the State Literary Museum.
Numerous tourists and pilgrims want to know how to get to the High-Petrovsky Monastery. How to get to the holy monastery?
The official website contains detailed information: the exact address, contact numbers, e-mail. There is also a map of the journey to the Vysokopetrovsky Monastery in Moscow.
For sightseeing trips is bestuse the pilgrimage service (+7 903 670 64 74). For those who use the Internet or navigator, the Vysokopetrovsky Monastery on the map is indicated by a conventional sign.
The doors of the monastery are open to all comers, prohibitions apply only to photo and video.
Divine services take place in almost all temples. This suggests that the High-Petrovsky Stauropegial Monastery is an active one.
In 1690 Metropolitan Peter's cathedral was revised in a new way: the windows were enlarged, a rustic area with tombstones was built as steps. The exterior walls are painted in bright motifs.
During the excitement of 1812, the stauropegicThe monastery was used to house thousands of cavalrymen of the Napoleonic army. Muscovites shot to death, accused of arson, are buried along the walls of the church building.
The cloister was ruined. Due to the efforts of the rector, the valuables were taken to Yaroslavl in time, so the losses were small.
Since 1923 the High-Petrovsky Monasterywas used under a secret fraternal community. But it was located at the monastery in Bogolyubskaya church. Since the Soviet power kept the parish only one - it was the Bogolyubsky church. By 1935 many monks were shot, and the church was completely destroyed.
In 1959, historical monuments were recognizedall the monastery buildings, at a small pace was a restoration. The buildings of the monastery were used under the most unexpected cases, for example, under the rehearsal hall of the ensemble "Birch".
Since 1991, the buildings of the monastery finally pass to their destination - the church.