What is knife knife? This is the name of a special kind of braided lace, which at one end is tied to the hilt of a weapon. Using it, you can make the knife more functional and aesthetic. For what this adaptation is needed specifically and how to make it yourself, we will consider further.
There are only two main types of straps:
- With a loop. Such an adaptation is necessary first of all in order to prevent the loss of weapons in the event that it accidentally slips out of the hands. At the felling of such a sword with a hinged loop let a little, but relieves the load from the brush. You can also quickly release your hand. The knife will just hang on it. If necessary, the arms can be suspended for a loop during transportation or storage. Loop knives for knives are the most functional.
- Lacing or "tail". When using this variety, the knife can be removed very quickly from the pocket or cover. Lanyard in this case is a kind of flexible continuation of the weapon itself. With wide movements, the knife to which such an attachment is attached behaves more predictably, as it acquires additional inertia. Another function of these tambourines is purely decorative. Sometimes they serve as an ornament, for example, a premium weapon.
Varieties of fixtures
To distinguish knives for knives can by the wayweaving the lace. A loop can also be executed using different schemes. In addition, there are also different nodes with which the attachment to the hilt is performed. Very often, the lace is additionally hung with decorative accessories. These can be shards, beads, etc.
From what you can weave
Knives for knives can be woven practicallyfrom anything. But the most acceptable option can be considered a synthetic lace. Such material will last for a long time, as it is wear-resistant and does not decay. Experts advise using a round, rather than a flat lace. It is desirable that its color be bright enough. If the knife falls, say, into grass or snow, in this case it will be easier to find. Sometimes even ordinary new shoe laces are used.
Among other things, it is necessary to correctlychoose the length and width of the lace. From these parameters, ultimately, the size of the finished product will depend. To make a thick and short hood, a coarse volumetric lace about half a meter in length will fit.
Weaving the tambour with our own hands
With your own hands, you can make a very practical kneader for a knife.
Weaving begins with the preparation of a pre-purchased cord. Its ends should be slightly melted. In this case, the fastening to the knife will be more reliable. Weaving is carried out in several stages:
- A hole is drilled in the knife handlewith a diameter of approximately 5 mm. If, of course, it is not there initially. Sometimes there is a special loop on the knives. In this case, you do not need to drill anything either.
- The cord must be cut into two pieces of 25 cm. One of them is tied to the handle by an ordinary knot. This cord will need to be attached also to the middle of the second part. A very good solution would be to use two different color cords for work. In this case, much more attractive knives for knives are obtained.
- The resulting four free endscords will need to be weaved into a cage. This technology is very simple. The ends are superimposed on each other at an angle of 90 degrees. In this case, each previous cord passes under the one that is located in front. During the weaving process, the ends should be tightened as tightly as possible. In this case, the finished product will be more convenient and will last longer. In addition, tightly woven tambourines look much more neat.
- Having finished the weaving, it will be necessary to tie the knot. The ends should be trimmed, trimmed, and hidden inside the resulting product. Sometimes they are pre-melted. This can prevent the cord from opening. However, it should be taken into account that the lamb itself will be less reliable. A finished product can simply be uncoiled at one time, and the laces become entangled. In this case, the knife from the knife will have to be cut off.
If desired, you can learn how to make a verybeautiful and practical knives for knives. The technology discussed above is absolutely simple. A convenient device for the knife can be made in a couple of hours.