Since ancient times, music has accompanied liferights. With the resettlement of people to new lands, with the development of new cultures, rites, culture and way of life changed, new genres of music were born. First, a folk genre was born, then spiritual and classical, and then all the rest. In this article, we'll talk about what music styles exist to date.
The first genre was folk music. Each people had their own way of life, their holidays and rituals, their customs. And often a significant event was accompanied by music. With the help of hymns, the peoples asked the gods for a harvest, victory in the battle. Now there are more than 100 national styles. First of all, they are divided according to the place of origin. Below is a list that tells about what genres of folk music now exist:
- The music of Oceania and Australia is bangull, wangga, kun-borrk;
- Africa - Angolan, Algerian, Ethiopian, Madagascar, Kenyan, Nigerian music, calypso, kizomba, rai, kuduro, kizomba;
- Central Asia - Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek folk music;
- South and East Asia - Mongolian, Buryat, Altaic, Tibetan, Korean, Indian, Japanese, Filipino, Bhutan and Chinese music;
- Transcaucasia and the Caucasus - Ajarian, Abkhazian, Azerbaijani, Armenian, Georgian, Ingush, Ossetian, Chechen music, as well as mugham, ovshara, etc .;
- The Middle East - Iranian, Iraqi, Afghan, Pakistani, Turkish, Syrian;
- the music of the peoples of Eastern Europe - Russian, Ukrainian, Mari, Slovak, Montenegrin, Romanian, Greek, Tatar;
- Western Europe - Celtic, Swedish, Finnish, German, Austrian, Irish, English, Scottish, Cornish, Welsh music, bolero, flamenco, fado;
- Latin America - Colombian, Venezuelan, Paraguayan, Argentinean;
- North America - Indian, Canadian, Mexican, Cuban, as well as Mariaci, Mento, Panamanian;
- modern folk music genres - ethnic, folk-barok, progressive-folk.
With the advent of religion, spiritual music was born- Christian, Jewish, Kabbalistic, Apostolic, Catholic, Orthodox, Islamic, African American. There was an Armenian hymn, mass and gospel.
Then was born and classical music - Indian(musical hundustani, karnataka music), Arabic (tarana, gazal, furudasht, etc.) and European (revival, baroque, classicism, salon music, romanticism, modernism, neoclassicism, etc.). Often this or that style of music corresponded to a certain epoch.
Then other genres of music were born. It's blues, jazz, rock, rhythm and blues, country, author's song, romance, chanson, electronic music, ska, reggae. All genres of music are divided into many sub-genres:
- blues - rural, texas, electro, harp, delta, Chicago, swap, zaydeko;
- Jazz - Hot, Dixieland, Swing, Bebop, Mainstream, Northeast, Kansas City, Progressive, Avant-garde, Jazz-Funk, Smut-Jazz, Ethnic Jazz (eg Afro-Cuban);
- rhythm-n-blues - funk, soul, neosol, etc .;
- genres of electronic music - there are aboutfifty. This is spectral, computer music, industrial, noise, trip, free, ambient, dark, media, electric flash, detroit electro, new age, garage, new electro, Techno-punk, ragga jungle, tracker, 8 bit, hardstep, 16 bits, funky house, hardcore, trance, jumpingstyle and many others;
- rock - punk, metal, thrash, rock 'n' roll.</ ul </ p>