One of the most popular professions ismanagers of all levels. Even considering that there are very few restrictions when organizing a business or other activity, strict control over the whole process is still necessary. This is the main task of a good manager or manager. Therefore, this profession is so urgent today. Let's consider in more detail the functions of the manager.
Despite the fact that there are different directions of this profession, each of them has common features.
The main task that faces the manager,is the organization of activities in which each individual employee will perform his work with the greatest effect. In this case, it is necessary that the costs of funds, money and other valuables are minimal. There are the following functions of the manager:
1. The administrative function is to conduct personnel policy. This is a preliminary analysis of the workforce, identifying their shortcomings, conducting selection of candidates and organizing their work. The last item includes the distribution of duties, assistance in adaptation, training and dismissal in case of professional unfitness.
2. The strategic function is to continuously monitor the workforce. It should be objective, continuous and expressed in a respectful manner in relation to employees.
3. Functions of the manager include expert and advisory work. It is important to know the specialist in the field of production and economic condition of the company and its units. Such professional competence is necessary for successful management and provision of advice on various issues related to the company's activities.
4. Educational function is to educate the team in moral principles, business acumen and activity, as well as help new employees to join the work process.
5. The psychotherapeutic function includes the provision of moral support. A team in subordination must have confidence in the future and that each of its representatives at any time will be assisted. Only in this case, workers are able to focus on the tasks assigned to them.
6. The communicative and regulatory function is to provide timely information for the successful management of not only divisions and departments, but the entire company.
7. An innovative function consists of developing or searching for new methods for managing personnel and the production process. It is necessary to react quickly to all the changes that occur not only inside the company, but also outside it.
8. Disciplinary function includes maintaining discipline and control over the entire production process. Here, disciplinary punishments are applied as necessary. They should be justified. They also use methods of motivation in the form of encouraging workers who perform their duties with the greatest efficiency.
These are the main functions of the manager. They can vary depending on the nature of the work or the production process. But in general, these are the qualities that a good manager should possess. For example, the functions of an office manager may differ slightly from those of a production manager.
But the tasks that face this specialistconcern not only the workforce. Functions of the manager are also in the control over finances, production processes. He must know the basics of marketing, ways of selling products and some legal bases. It can be said that this is a very versatile profession requiring knowledge in many areas.