Stimulating sales is a combinationsome measures aimed at achieving increased sales and the transformation of a potential buyer into a real one. Such activities should be aimed at both the intermediate and the final consumer.
The promotion of sales should be pursuedperformance of specific tasks that directly depend on their direction. So, for example, if their impact is directed to the end user, then these activities are conducted with the aim of increasing:
- the number of customers;
- the number of goods purchased by one buyer.
Stimulation of sellers is no less important task. In this case, the main goal is:
- an increase in the range and quantity of goods that enter a single specific outlet;
- Growth of the seller's interest in promoting a particular product;
- the introduction of a new range of goods on sale through a trading network.
Methods of stimulating sales from a positionthe producer's interests are divided into: "soft" and "hard." To "soft" carry lotteries, competitions and games. These types of incentives are carried out by both the manufacturer and the dealer.
The "hard" include:
- natural stimulation (distribution of samples of goods, as well as adding goods when making a purchase of the main);
- price stimulation (sales, discounts and preferential coupons).
In addition, you can use advertising media (advertising billboards and other pointers that will help determine the group of products and give information about discounts and promotions).
Stimulation of sales, according to polls,is then effective when an immediate result is obtained (for example, an instant lottery, gifts, a discount and the provision of an additional product to the purchased one). Such techniques can be applied to both direct buyers and sellers of products.
Price promotion of sales refers torather effective measures due to the susceptibility of most buyers to discounts and other promotions. So, the goods, for which the price has been reduced for a while, will be sold out sooner. However, when using this method, it is necessary to keep in mind the temporary nature of the price reduction. In general, price tags are used that differ from others in color and contain a crossed out real price and one that operates on a particular day. At the same time, this method should not be too long or very often, as consumers may have a lack of confidence in this product.
Confrontation with the method consideredstimulation is the constant work carried out by the manufacturer on the registration of consumer requests for each specific product. At the same time, attention should be paid to the issues of assortment and quality. The specified method gives a somewhat delayed result, but allows to form the sphere of loyal customers ready to purchase the goods of a particular brand, without looking at shares and discounts. Price promotion of sales while providing a quick result does not allow to create a circle of regular customers.
There are such types of price incentives:
- reduction of prices with deferred discounts - when making a purchase the client receives a coupon for a certain discount, the terms of which provide for the next purchase;
- distribution of coupons that give the right to purchase goods at a discount;
- Direct price reduction - is conducted on the initiative of dealers. In this case, a clear list of goods that are subject to a discount is determined, its size and timing of the action are specified.
Among the methods of direct price reduction,to allocate the granting of a discount for a small batch of goods combined in one package. The unit price of this party is an order of magnitude lower than the prices for analogs purchased one by one.