The first division of the Northern capital intoadministrative units date from the beginning of the XVIII century. Then the city was divided into five parts. Finally, the boundaries of the Admiralteysky District of St. Petersburg (Russia) were identified in 1994.
The Admiralty District of St. Petersburg was named after one of the city's oldest buildings. In 1704, Peter I prepared his own drawings, for which the construction began. So the Admiralty building appeared in the new city, which was rebuilt for the first time ten years later. At the gate, a tall pomer - after two centuries it became one of the most famous symbols of St. Petersburg.
The Admiralteysky District is richsights and architectural monuments. Here once lived Dostoevsky, Pushkin, Gogol, Griboyedov. Many legends are associated with the streets located in this part of St. Petersburg. So, here once lived an artisan of German origin, engaged in the manufacture and sale of shoe polish. One day he asked Pushkin to come up with a small poem for his products. The Russian poet did not deny the entrepreneur and in just a few minutes composed a slogan, brought a considerable profit to the German: "Darker than night, clearer than day".
Among the streets of the Admiralteysky District of St. Petersburg this embankment - the oldest. After all, the shipyard was built by the emperor almost simultaneously with the city. Then, of course, this part of the city could not be called a cultural center.
Before the Admiralty was a lot of freespace, necessary for possible defense. The canals around the building fell asleep only in 1874. Then the construction began. Formed the embankment, which ran from Sennaya Square to Palace Passage. The modern name it received in 1880. In the Admiralteysky district of St. Petersburg there is also the eponymous passage and the avenue.
The main components "of the St. Petersburg trident" - Pea street, Nevsky and Voznesenskyprospectuses. The latter ends at the Fontanka, where it passes to Izmaylovsky. In April 1738, Anna Ioannovna issued a decree according to which one of the main thoroughfares of the city should be called Ascension street. It had to stretch far beyond bounds Admiralteysky district of St. Petersburg, but according toFor unknown reasons, it turned out to be much shorter than anticipated in the original project. By the way, Voznesenskaya street, which later became a prospect, is named in honor of the temple, located in the house of 34A.
In the early twenties, Voznesensky Prospect was renamed. He was named after the politician, who died during the Civil War - Mayorov. The historical name was returned in 1991.
This highway, located in the Admiralteysky district, is one of the oldest in the city. In the first half of the 18th century the street was called Middle Prospective. Until 1738 the Trunk ended at the Moika. Later was not once rebuilt.Today it begins at the Admiralty Avenue and ends at Zagorodny. When exactly the street was named Gorokhovoy, it is unknown. There are several versions, but none of them is officially confirmed.
According to the first, Gorokhovaya street was named in honor of the German merchant who lived here once. His name was Harrach. First appeared Gorrakhova street, then the name her was changed into Russian manner. According to the second version, the Germans have nothing to do with it. In Petersburg in the XVIII century century lived Nikolai Gorokhov - Russian merchant. In honor of him, the street was named. However, this version raises doubts: the merchant lived far away, where the Big Marine is now located.
A street named after the great Russian composer passes through the Theater Square to the Rimsky-Korsakov Avenue. It was founded in 1739. Her first name - The Little Regimental. Already after 30 years later appeared the second - Nikolskaya.The street faces the same name. In honor of this temple were also named Nicholas Square, Nikolsky Pereulok. The abundance of similar toponyms led to the fact that in the nineteenth century the city duma decided to get rid of one of them. Several variants of the name were considered, in the end The street was named after Mikhail Glinka. In addition, it leads to the Mariinsky Theater, where so often the works of the composer sound.
The length of this street is more than ninekilometers. The avenue extends from Sennaya Square to Victory Square. It was built at the end of the XVIII century as a road leading to Tsarskoe Selo. In the seventies along it were established mileposts. Some of them have survived to this day. Yet At the beginning of the 20th century, St. Petersburg, of course, was less than today. It ended at the intersection Roshchinskaya street and Moscow Avenue. After the revolution, the city grew. In the early fifties, the southern part of the avenue was built with buildings in the style of the so-called Stalin Empire.
Other streets of the Admiralteysky District:Vereiskaya, Vitebsk, Wood, Garden, Serpukhov, Pochtamtskaya. Prospects - Voznesensky, Zagorodny, Izmailovsky, Riga and so on. This list is, of course, incomplete.
Admiralteysky District Administration BuildingSt. Petersburg is located at the address: Izmailovsky Prospekt, house 10. It can be seen in the photo above. Head of Administration of the Admiralteysky District of St. Petersburg - Shtukova S.V.</ span </ p>