On this topic, you can make a puzzle forthematic quiz: "One bridge is located in the capital of our homeland Moscow. Another - in the watermelon capital of Russia Kamyshin Volgograd region. But they have the same name. What kind? ". Borodinsky! And let the first - a bright metropolitan thing, and the second - a modest Lower Volga provincial, the "namesake" will find a lot in common. For example, both decorate the center of the cities in which they are built. Well, we'll pass, we'll race for each one, look for similarities and differences. The Moscow Borodino Bridge (photo below) amazes imagination by its majesty. Kamyshinsky "fellow" is easier. But both objects can be called extremely important.
The Iron Bridge across the Moscow River was built in 1912year, the year of the centenary of the victory of the Russian people over the French in the Patriotic War of 1812. Recall, in the decisive battle near the village of Borodino (125 km west of the capital) Napoleon I Bonaparte suffered a crushing defeat. By the way, in France, the historical battle is called: "Battle of the Moscow River."
The oldest and most beautiful Borodino bridge in Moscowconnects such streets as Smolenskaya and Dorogomilovskaya. From the overpass to the Kremlin, only two kilometers. Not far away is the ever-busy Kievsky railway station. Therefore, the "bored" steel three-flying handsome girder (up to 1999 - arched) design is not necessary. The traffic flow does not freeze for a minute.
Supports, colonnades (along with coastalbuildings) "dressed" in granite, obelisks and porticoes that survived to this day, built according to the project of architect R. Klein, give the structure a special flavor. It is worth saying that over the long period of its existence the Borodino bridge has undergone many changes.
In 1788, instead of the current stocky handsome manon the waves swaying wooden flooring - "living bridge" called Dorogomilovsky. It is difficult for a modern man to imagine how Russian and French troops passed through such a flexible and dangerous crossing in September 1812, but this is a historical fact.
In 1865 there was an urgent needthe construction of a capital bridge - the crossing suffered from floods. Under this city allocated funds in the amount of 300 thousand rubles. When Tsar Alexander II claimed the project of the industrial engineer A. Struve (they say that in real it was I. Rerberg), he called the object Borodinsky (in memory of the 25th anniversary of the victory of Russians under Borodin).
The construction began on May 2, 1867,completed it a year later with a tail - May 15, 1868. The Borodino bridge was made of iron, stood on stone stilts (bulls). The length was 138.8 m, width - 14.9 m. In 1912, in connection with the construction of the Kiev (then Bryansk) station, the transport situation changed.
Solved the problem of increased "motoractivity "bridge 250 meters long, with two footpaths (each width is 3, 5 m). Later, the road over the water survived two more restorations: in 1952 and in 1999-2011.
In Kamyshin it all started from the street.Due to the fact that many townspeople, including the most famous personality, Lieutenant-General Kazachkovsky, were participants in the war with Napoleon, in 1912, in honor of the centenary of the Battle of Borodino of the Patriotic War of 1812, it was decided to rename the main street Bazarnaya in Borodino ( now Proletarian).
The continuation of the street - a wooden crossing throughthe river Kamyshinku - in the people began to call the Borodino bridge. About the construction of a new reinforced concrete, the first category, in Kamyshin began talking in the mid 30-ies of the XX century. But money for the implementation of the idea was not enough, and soon the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 broke out, postponing the peaceful plans of Soviet citizens for later.
Soon after the Great Victory (1945) the city began to quickly turn into an industrial one. In the mid-1950s it became clear that it was no longer possible to postpone the construction of a modern ferro-concrete bridge.
Project documentation was developed by architects fromMoscow ("Giprocommundortrans"). The construction was carried out by the organization Mostopoezd No. 404 (chief SA Kamrukov), who already had a rich experience in building bridges.
It was assumed that the reinforced concrete structure onconcrete supports with a pile foundation will be installed in place of the existing wooden Borodino bridge (in fact, the object was slightly displaced). The new Borodino bridge was characterized by the following parameters: length - 250 meters, height - 40 meters, width - 10 meters.
At that time in the Stalingrad region (since 1961- Volgograd) there was intensive preparation for the launch of the Volga hydroelectric power station. Kamyshin conducted extensive work to strengthen the shores of the river reed, deepening its channel (after filling the bowl of the Volgograd reservoir, on the banks of which for more than half a century, the city of entailed raising the water level). Simultaneously, preparations were also under way for the construction of the bridge through this last major tributary of the Volga.
Workers for the construction of the Kamyshin bridgethey recruited in Astrakhan. To the concreting of the foundations for the support of the masts, they began in the autumn of 1957. In the spring of 1958, the dam was poured out, the construction of the supports continued. In June 1959, the bridge builders laid the first cubic meter of concrete in the span structures. They worked shockly, competed with brigades. October 15 was the first test of the bridge.
Soon the pendant road was dismantled,The railway was circled (wooden forms supporting the formwork for the construction of reinforced concrete vaults), and they disassembled the fork. Most of the workers of Mostopoezda No. 404 returned to Astrakhan.
In March 1960, anotherorganization - a participant in the construction of the Borodino bridge in Kamyshin - Volgodonstroy. The remaining bridge builders and the newly adopted workers completed the installation of the luminaires. In the summer of 1960 a new reinforced concrete bridge across the river Kamyshinku was completely put into operation (it is believed that the state acceptance took place in 1961).
In the 200th anniversary of the Patriotic War of 1812on the initiative of the public and local historians of the city on the Borodino bridge, on the right and left end, memorial plaques were announced, indicating that the bridge is called Borodino.
Thus, the Kamyshin landmarkreceived an official "passport". At a time when machines on the Earth are becoming "as many as people", the provincial Kamyshin, the Borodino bridge at rush hour collide with traffic jams (who would have thought!).
The "old man" copes with the task with difficulty.It has long been clear: we need another crossing. Whether it is destined to appear in conditions when small and medium-sized cities of Russia are going through a difficult period, time will tell. Today, the Borodino Bridge continues to carry its own hard work alone. The Kamyshans are proud of a modest appearance, but a strong structure from the turbulent Soviet past.