Why is he digging a finger on his hand? This question is especially interesting for those who are extremely concerned about the suppuration that occurs near the nail. As is known, such a deviation in medical practice is called "panaritium". This term refers to the purulent-inflammatory process of the skin and deep tissues. Let's consider in more detail why the finger digs on the hand of these or other people.
The main causes of suppuration
Why can an abscess appear? Here are a few reasons:
- poor-quality pedicure or manicure;
- cuts on the fingers;
- ingrown nail, because of which microbes penetrate into the damaged tissue.
Symptoms of Panarity
If the patient has already been digging a finger for a long timeon the arm, then periodically he can feel the jerking and strong pain, observe the swelling and redness of the skin around the nail, and also feel a slight increase in body temperature. It should be specially noted that sometimes panaritium can cause serious enough complications that require immediate surgical intervention. Typically, this occurs when symptoms such as a large accumulation of pus under the skin, an increase in body temperature, intolerable and intolerable pain.
Conditions conducive to development
Most often he digs a finger on the hand of the following categories of people:
- Children of younger ages (due to the fact that they have a tendency to gnaw their nails and sucking their fingers).
- Do the wrong nail. He subsequently grows into soft tissues (suppuration comes from infection in the wound).
- Who picked up the nail fungus (for example, onychomycosis).
- People with diabetes (due to circulatory disorders).
- Those who have a profession associated with manual labor (for example, cooks, agricultural workers, carpenters, etc.).
Dumps a finger on his arm: a panic treatment
Most often, such a disease passesyourself. Many people do not treat this problem with a doctor and do not use medicines. However, there are cases when suppuration does not pass for a long period, thereby causing the patient a huge discomfort. In such situations, doctors recommend conservative treatment. To do this you need:
- Every day to make hand-filled baths with the addition ofin warm water solution of potassium permanganate (manganese). In this case, the liquid should not be too dark (only slightly pink color). After the solution is ready, it is necessary to lower the affected finger and sustain it in the medicine for 5-7 minutes.
- After the specified time the phalanx is requiredgently wipe with a sterile cloth, and then apply a multilayer bandage to the inflamed area. However, it is necessary to apply the drug "Levomekol" or dioksidinovuyu ointment beforehand.
- At the end of the procedure, the finger should not be very tightly bandaged.
Now you know what to do if you arethumb on the hand. It should be noted that the described measures should be carried out only if the abscess is small and surgical intervention is not required.