Synovitis of the ankle is a processinflammation of the synovial membrane of the joint, which is characterized by the formation of effusion (biological fluid) inside the ankle. There is such a pathology is not often. In most cases, only one joint is affected. If medical care is not provided in time, the mobility of the lower limb is impaired. The nature of the effusion depends on the type of pathology.
Synovitis of the ankle may appear under the influence of the following factors:
As you can see, the synovitis of the ankle joint can occur with the slightest disruption of the normal functioning of the body.
The disease can be classified as follows:
1. By the nature of the pathological process:
- Aseptic. In this case, the presence of pathogenic bacteria is not detected in the liquid.
- Infectious. Here in the sweat there are pathogenic microorganisms that cause a specific inflammatory process.
- Reactive synovitis of the ankle joint. It is a type of response to an allergic stimulus.
2. By the nature of the course of the disease:
- Sharp. In this case, the synovitis of the ankle is characterized by pronounced symptoms. Most often, it develops as a result of trauma or infection.
- Chronic. Here the pathology appears due to prolonged exposure to negative factors.
3. According to the nature of effusion, the disease is as follows:
- Hemorrhagic. It is characterized by the presence of blood in the synovial fluid.
- Serous. The effusion is transparent, although there is an increased number of cells in it.
- Purulent. The liquid is characterized by a greenish tinge, an unpleasant odor and is turbid.
- Serous fibrous. In this case, the effusion has an increased viscosity due to fibrous fibers.
Synovitis of the ankle - the reasons for its development you have already considered - manifests itself in different ways, depending on the type and form of the disease. The most common are the following symptoms:
If the synovitis of the ankle joint (photo yousee in the article) has an infectious nature, then there may already be signs of general intoxication: chills, increased overall temperature, loss of appetite, sweating and weakness.
It should be noted that the acute form of pathology can manifest itself very clearly. As for the chronic course, it is characterized by periods of exacerbation and rest, which follow one another.
Treatment of synovitis of the ankle joint should be started only after an accurate diagnosis is made. To do this, you should always consult a doctor who will prescribe such studies:
Through proper diagnosis, the doctor will be able to prescribe adequate treatment.
If you are injured, or in the body there isinfection, then you can develop an ankle synovitis. Treatment (reviews about medicines and folk recipes are very good) will allow you to quickly eliminate pathology and avoid consequences. However, the lack of therapy can provoke complications:
Absence of full and complex therapy will lead to irreversible disability. Especially if changes occur in the joint.
So, if a synovitis of the ankle is diagnosed, the treatment involves the following manipulations:
Passing the full course of therapy will make it possible to heal the pathology completely.
If drug therapy does not provide the expectedresult, and the disease is aggravated, the doctor can prescribe a surgical intervention. Naturally, it should be done with minimal trauma. In addition, surgery is an extreme measure.
During the intervention, the joint is opened, and itsthe cavity is thoroughly cleaned from clots of blood, pus, foreign bodies (if a fragmentation injury has been received). In addition, the inflamed synovial membrane, as well as the damaged cartilage, is removed from the articulation.
After the operation, the patient must undergocourse of rehabilitation procedures, which will restore the full functionality of the joint. The first days on foot will have to wear a special fixator - orthosis. Then the patient is shown physiotherapy, massage and therapeutic gymnastics.
If you have an ankle synovitisjoint, treatment with folk remedies will achieve a good effect. Reviews about home treatment say good results. Naturally, before using alternative medicine, you need to consult a doctor. For you, such recipes can be useful:
That an ankle joint did not cause trouble, and a synovial membrane did not become inflamed, try to observe such preventive measures:
That's all the features of the development and treatment of this disease. Be healthy!